Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Eureka

It's nice when everything in life seems to work out for once.

It's refreshing when things finally seem to go your way after you've been battling uphill for about as long as you can remember. Maybe this is finally a moment of clarity. Maybe it's a sign of things to come. Maybe its the changing of the guards.

Or maybe it's none of these. Regardless, it's nice when you can relax and think about how things fell on your side for once.

After many months and weeks of pessimism I'm glad that I can not only be a happy person once again, but someone who sees the best life has to offer.

I feel like maybe I've reached a turning point between the person I used to be and the person I want to be. Every day gets a little easier and a little brighter.

Every day I discover something new about myself. Every day is one step further down this path I'm not following but rather forging.

I'm excited to see what tomorrow will bring, and I haven't always felt this way. I've learned you have to savor the good moments, no matter how simple or trivial they might seem. You've got to learn to enjoy even the most basic forms of happiness, like grabbing lunch with a good friend, reading the newspaper or making your favorite type of tea.

Because when you're down these are the things that will keep you going. It's loving the small things that can make even the worst days seem bearable.

And when you're up they will make a good day even better.

Here's to hoping tomorrow is even half as good as today was.

No comments:

Post a Comment