Thursday, April 2, 2009

Who am I?

Do you ever ask yourself who you are?

I do. Every day. More often usually. I never really have an answer for this, but if I do it varies every time.

It's scary to not know who you are. It's terrifying when the person you thought you were for so long doesn't exist. Because then you have to come to terms with the fact that you're starting from scratch.

I feel like I'm the only one who feels lost sometimes. It's impossible to explain, so I never really try. The thoughts just keep swirling around in my head and creep their way into the quietest and loneliest of my day. It's like I'm constantly searching and I'm never satisfied with what I find. So I keep searching. Constantly looking for what? I don't know. I don't even know if I'll know when I come across it. But I know I don't have it now and it has to be somewhere.

Do you ever ask yourself who you are?

I do. Every day. I never find answers I like.

But I have discovered things I'm not. I know the type of person I don't want to be and the type of life I don't want to live.

That will have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment